Dell - Senior Software Engineer - Hyderabad - Oct 2020
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents software according to Dell’s systems quality standards, policies and procedures. Analyzes business needs and creates software solutions.
- Serves as technical consultant to leaders in the IT organization and functional user groups, Subject matter expert in one or more technical programming specialties
- Ensure program delivered with quality and meet implementation date & criteria
- Keeps team and leadership updated on project status and risk factors
- Works on the highest level of problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Documents, evaluates and researches test results; documents evolution of testing scripts for future replication. Identifies, recommends and implements changes to enhance the effectiveness of quality assurance strategies.
- Work with the engineering manager, product owners, architects, developers and SDETs to endure that the product is being delivered with quality on time and within budget
- Work with internal IT teams to coordinate project interlocks and deployments
- Responsible for multiple projects being implemented in parallel and sprint planning for these projects
- Responsible for scrum and agile excellence
- 12 to 15 years of total software/IT engineering/code development experience with expertise in data integration, Oracle 11g /12C/19C, PL/SQL and ETL
- Good handle on data modeling, data transformation, database concepts such as Materialized views/views, partitioning, performance tuning
- Strong exposure in the DB Migration activities
- Strong exposure in Oracle DB level Performance tuning, AWR report, Detail Oracle Database dictionary knowledge
- Must have worked with Complex Oracle Database level
- Candidate should be well versed with NOSQL Database concept and Document Database like Mongo, PostgreSQL, elasticsearch, etc.
- Strong Data Analysis skills, Excellent problem-solving skills, a self-starting attitude and good communication skills are essential
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Experience managing integration projects with high volume data transfers
- Work with distributed team to do Proof of Concept (POC) on any new initiatives
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Have depth and width of decision-making maturity. Be able to gain trust & respect of engineering, dependent teams and stakeholders to deliver results
- Ability to manage and influence team members without direct reporting authority
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment; work with minimal supervision while delivering on action items in a timely fashion
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles
- SCRUM Master certification a plus
- Nice to have Supply chain planning domain knowledge.
- Exposure in .NET/Java/Angular is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in AI / ML technologies is a plus
- Architectural exposure