How to Download the Source Code Of Any Website (Including All Assets)
Download the complete source code of any website (including all assets)
Live Demo: https://site-dwloader.herokuapp.com
DescriptionWebsite downloader works with wget and archiver to download all websites assets and compress then sends it back to the user through socket channel
Wget params the being used
wget --mirror --convert-links --adjust-extension --page-requisites --no-parent http://example.org
Explanation of the various flags:
- –mirror – Makes (among other things) the download recursive.
- –convert-links – convert all the links (also to stuff like CSS stylesheets) to relative, so it will be suitable for offline viewing.
- –adjust-extension – Adds suitable extensions to filenames (html or css) depending on their content-type.
- –page-requisites – Download things like CSS style-sheets and images required to properly display the page offline.
- –no-parent – When recursing do not ascend to the parent directory. It useful for restricting the download to only a portion of the site
How to run it
- git clone this repo
- $ npm install
- $ npm start